Tree Planting Tips & Tricks
- Select an area that will provide ample sunlight and plenty of space to thrive. We recommend planting at least 10 - 15 feet away from your home's foundation.
- Prepare to plant by digging the hole at least two times as big as the root ball. Fill around the root ball with a mixture of 2/3 of the native soil and 1/3 Kansas Claybuster Compost. This will allow the most ideal environment for the roots to become established.
- Plant the root ball at least one or two inches out of the ground.
- Stake to keep tree in place. If you live in area with a lot of deer, we recommend adding a small barrier fence to prevent tree damage.
- Water thoroughly and for best results apply Ferti-lome Root Stimulator.
- Add a 3 inch layer of mulch around the base of the tree to reduce water loss and keep weeds out.
- Maintain consistent watering until strong root system is established.